Lab color
I have Photoshop 7.0 in french and have a question for you english guys.
Here's a pic. If you go to IMAGE/MODE I know that NIVEAU DE GRIS is greyscale, RVB is RGB, CMJN is CMYK but what is Lab? Is it PMS (Pantone)
![]()
Lab color
Not sure what it means though. The channels go to Lab, lightness, a & b.
Anyone else?
yes, but what IS Lab colour? hahaha
been wondering that myself
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, I thought I was translating French for him. [img]wink.gif[/img]Originally posted by RipperBendix:
yes, but what IS Lab colour? hahaha
been wondering that myself
And what about Multi couche? Do you guys have Multi Layers in your choices?
Multi Channel breaks the channels down to Cyan, Magenta & Yellow.
I really don't do much outside of RGB or CMYK.
From top to bottom, my list includes:
Bitmap
Grayscale
Duotone
Indexed color
RGB color
CMYK color
Lab color
Multichannel
thanks Andy
[img]smile.gif[/img]
LAB is a colour Spectrum that encompasses both RGB and CMYK.
Technically it is the best colour space to work in but unless your are doing pre-press colour work and are really picky I wouldn't worry about it.
Bookmarks